Race Day Directions and Info
Getting to the Race
The 2014 Susan G. Komen Global Race for the Cure™ will begin and end at the Washington Monument on the National Mall.
PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION
We encourage all event
participants to use the METRO to travel to and from the National Mall.
METRO will open early at 5:00 a.m. for the convenience of event
participants. The closest METRO stops to the Komen Global Race Start
- Smithsonian (Blue/Orange Lines)
- Federal Triangle (Blue/Orange Lines)
- Metro Center (Red Line)
- Archives/Navy Memorial/Penn Quarter (Green/Yellow Lines)
Major road closures will begin at 5:00 a.m. 15th Street between Constitution and Independence will be closed starting at 2:00 a.m. From 5:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m., the following roads will be closed:
- 15th St NW between Independence and Ohio Dr. SW
- Madison Dr. SW (between 14th and 15th St.)
- Jefferson (between 14th and 15th St.)
- Independence Ave. - west of 14th St. NW to the Lincoln Memorial
- Westbound traffic on 395 will be directed to exit at 12th Street until 11:00 a.m.
- Rock Creek Parkway exit eastbound from Memorial Bridge
- 23rd St. SW
There will be plenty of variable signs posted to provide drivers notice. All roads will reopen by 11:00 a.m.
RACE START/FINISH MAP (click the map for a larger, printable version):
Please note: Race map and details are subject to change.